I spotted the Five Stages of YAML and wondered if it indicated an anti-pattern after stage 2.
Perhaps something more like:
- Configuration languages are too complex; YAML is much simpler and easier to understand.
- Declarative YAML configuration is brilliant.
- Lots of our things look similar, we have too much copy and pasted YAML.
- Perhaps its time to update the tool parsing the YAML to operate at higher levels of abstraction keeping the required YAML simple and to the point.
- Perhaps I need a tool with a higher level of abstraction.
I’ve definitly felt this happening to me whem making tools with a configuration option in the past.
Thu 16 Aug 2018 Tweet